Thursday, May 11, 2006

Is this bad?!

The pictures are not in the order I wanted them to be, but that's what tiredness does to one. I wanted to show you the mitered squares projects I'm working on (or not). The only one finished is Daniela's Baby Blanket (posted previously). The Noro Kureyon Blanket has its first row finished. I did the "knit together" stitches differently as to see a ridge (above) on purpose. It's been a while and I can't remember exactly what I did. Hopefully it will come back to me. I like this methode because there is little weaving in involved and one square is knitted on to the next one. Very simple and clean. Drawback is, that as soon as the blanket gets larger, you have a lot laying in your lap.

This was supposed to be a shawl for my grandmother. Knitted in the diagonal. I made her the Dresser Scarf instead. The color is not as pink as in this picture, it's red. I'm not sure I'll finish this one. The wool is 100% wool, superwash and very stiff and scratchy.


Here you can see the Diamond Panel Scarf made with Artyarns Regal Silk. I'm not very happy with the outcome. I didn't like it, that the "white" had a yellow hint in it. It looked kind of dirty to me. (My mom's got it already; [for once the Mail delivery worked fast] she says she likes it.)

Maybe it's just that I don't like black and white together.

So, now to my question: Is this bad?

  • that my eyes fell shut and my hands kept knitting (happened yesterday)
  • I've run out of space/corners/closets to stash my stash
  • when I close my eys at night I see knitting patterns in many colors and patterns I have neither done nor seen in reality, before I fall asleep

1 comment:

Cheryl Goyer said...

You should write those patterns down before you forget them! Dreams are an excellent source of inspiration for all kinds of creative endeavors, including knitting.

Cheryl G.