Monday, May 15, 2006

That's what I've been upto lately!

I had to take a break from blanket knitting. I wanted instant grativication. I didn't want to knit another Mason Dixon dishcloth, even though the pattern for it was the reason I bought the book in the first place. I still like it, but wanted to "invent" my very own dishcloth. I was browsing through some of my knitting pattern books und this is what i found. A garter slip stitch! (Nicky Epstein's, Kitting on the Edge) I even wrote out the pattern (free patterns on the side bar) for those who would like to try it also.

This knitted fabric is very tense and great for scrubbing the dishes (well that's what it's for,
duh).

I've tried different color combinations and not all work well (for me).

Since I've received the easter egg color from Sybille, I had to try dyeing my own yarn. It was fun. It was messy. It takes forever for the yarn to dry. And the next time I wont forget to put on gloves!


It's not THAT wet anymore but still, too moist to knit it up. Maybe that's a good thing, since I would have CO a pair of socks already.


There was also some Karaoke yarn in the mail last week (50% soy silk, 50% wool) I wanted to know how it looked like knitted. So, what else could I do. I've CO this scarf. I call it Peaks & Valleys scarf (free pattern/sidebar). The pattern was found in Barbara Walkers blue book. This yarn is great for scarf knitting. It would felt too, but I haven't done it so far. It's hard to get this yarn around here and it's not cheap. But that doesn't deter me for long. That's what internet it for , right? Anyway, I like the pattern because it is the same on both sides, which is a good pattern for a scarf in my opinion.

That's how far I got with the first ball. I think I'll need all six of them. This might be the one scarf I'm going to give some fringes and like it too. ;o)

I promised myself to finish my Pinwheel blanket and work on the Log Cabin blanket, which I did. Both not finished yet. It's a bit monotonous. The Pinwheel especially has been a pain in the a..... It lulls me into stupor and there goes the YO again! Anyway, I can see the end coming soon - the blankets, not mine.

The Log Cabin still looks the same, just bigger, so no pictures of that one.

And Sybille, believe it or not. I've ordered some Kauni at Wollsucht.de! My husband will have it in his suitcase when he'll be back in June! ;o) I've found two sources actually to get the Kauni and will use both of them in the future (Gaby!).

That's it for today.

Happy knitting!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Here from MD KAL. I love the pattern and I'm totally going to print myself a copy! :)

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to get some of that yarn and make one of those scarves!