Thursday, June 08, 2006

Uuh? What happened here?

I was sitting on the patio under the umbrella, knitting away on my curtain thingy and deceided not to be bothered by the millions of mosquitos (for half an hour). It was hot and I was thirsty, the dogs found a moist, cool place under the firtree ... really nice and all. I went inside, saw the lonely sock, abandoned ...
Daughter out of the house for a few days and I didn't see the need for the curtain any more.

Somehow the sock knit itself, well I had to do the picot cuff twice and I still don't like it. It's too loose and not enough stretchy (this statement really makes sense). The sock itself is nice, fit's my foot perfectly, but - hey, this one's NOT for me! I hope it's not too big for my mom. Well, since the first one's done, I'm going to do the second one real quickly and maybe a few inches on the curtain too, to have something to show my DD. ;o)



Look what the mail brought TODAY! Oh well, better late than never.

3 comments:

Knittypants said...

I like the colors in your socks. Do you like any of the patterns in the new Interweave? There are a few in there, I like.

Anonymous said...

Hallo Monika,
Du warst zu Besuch in meinem Blog und ich war nun ganz erstaunt - Besuch aus Canada hat man ja nicht alle Tage. Nun habe ich ein paar letzte Englischkenntnisse aktiviert und konnte doch übersetzen, daß Du aus Österreich stammst, deshalb schreibe ich Dir in deutsch und danke Dir für Deinen Eintrag bei der Häkeltasche. Deine Socken sehen sehr schön aus - tolles Muster.
Nun wünsche ich Dir ein schönes Wochenende und
viele Grüße
Maria

Anonymous said...

Those socks are beautiful! I love the yarn. You did a wonderful job with the dyeing.

Love the colour of the curtains. Can't believe you're knitting curtains. Too big a job for me but I'd love them. I had and (ex) aunt crochet panels for me 20 years ago. They were so beautiful.