Friday, March 09, 2007

A few more snow pictures before spring arrives!

This is one of my favorite photos of Sam. It's almost like a painting, because of the light that day.


Can you see Biko on the move, in the back ground? ;o)



Below, Biko is looking up to catch the green tennis ball. I've circled it red. Even though it was a dreary day, we had lots of fun in the snow. Oh, and the tracks through the pool are Biko's. She's always taking short cuts.



Today it's sunny and wonderful "warm" (-4). We decided to do a little yarn dyeing. I dyed the blue one, and Hannah wanted hers red. We used Easter egg colors and Knit Picks "Bare" yarn.

click on pictures to have a closer look

Spaghetti of a special kind. ;o)

5 comments:

sgeddes said...

Looks like a great day for everyone! I'm going to have to try dying some yarn soon. Sounds liek fun.

Sue J. said...

Love those babies of yours! They look like they are having so much fun in the snow.

hakucho said...

I really like your special spaghetti ;)

Dyeing is on my to do list...just wish I had more time to do all the things I want to do. Oh, well...someday :)

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

Easter egg dyes....cool - how many tablets for a skein of yarn? did you add vinegar like you do for easter eggs??
The blue looks like 2 shades or is that a shadow??
I like the KP bare...did you use the one with nylon in it or the plain merino?
OK - enough questions...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! Happy dogs and hand dyed yarn!