Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Estonian socks # 2

Over the weekend I've finished this pair of socks. It's my entry for Wandering Cat Yarns Summer Stitch-along.

Estonian socks # 2

I've been looking forward to knit with this sock yarn base for a while now. I absolutely LOVE it! This is a 3-ply sock yarn, merino fiber, with one strand being superwash, that's why the colors are not absorbed equally. It's not the usual soft merino, but that's totally O.K. with me. I only hope they will hold up well. It was a little splitty at first, until I got used to knitting with it, but I love the knit fabric it gave me on 2.5mm needles.

Estonian socks # 2

Estonian socks # 2

Estonian socks # 2

Excuse the many pictures, but I'm just so darn happy with them.

I've got the color work pattern from the book "Estonian socks all around the world". It's not a real pattern book with A-Z instructions, but I don't need that. I've made my May socks from that book too, but have yet to show them here on the blog. I've already planned a third pair, just have to pick the colors.

***
And some sleeping dogs, which I love to let lie....

getting used to being in the studio

Happy and Denny

March 25

Denny and Maggie

***

17 comments:

ikki said...

Lovely socks You have made.

And Your dogs, they are lovely. And i`m just waiting the day he is sleeping...now it is too much new things all around all the time ;)

Hugs to Denny

2paw said...

Oh I love the way the dogs sleep, and the way Denny makes sure he shares himself out evenly!!!
Gorgeous sock, they are just sooo lovely. Their oppositeness is beautiful!!

CelticCastOn said...

Awesome!!! When I first started reading your blog, you know eon`s ago. I couldn`t wait to see what socks you would knit next because you always chose the best colour combos.. and you did it again.... hummm that felt like I was a judge on American Idol hehehe

momsue84 said...

I love your socks, too!! And who can resist sleeping dogs?!?! That's when I sneak over and snuggle Milo.

knottygnome said...

i love the subtle color variation of the yarn. pretty socks!

Jewleigh said...

Those socks are beautiful!! The colors are gorgeous, and I love blue and orange together :)

The dogs are sweet as ever.

Anonymous said...

The socks look completely awesome! you should be really happy with them, you did an amazing job. As always I love seeing pictures of the puppers.

Michelle said...

Gotta love blue and orange together! I think Denny spied you taking that photo with Happy.

Freyalyn said...

I love Maggie's crossed back legs - Lunil is often the same. What cuties...

Bea said...

tja, so sind die Geschmäcker verschieden - alle schreien Hurra und ich find die Farben zu grell. Das Muster ist schön, aber die Farben wären nicht die Meinen.

Grüßle, die Bea

Rhonda said...

The socks are amazing, I guess I'll have to try some of the Tabby Cat.
I can't imagine living with 3 dogs, 1 is enough.

Susan said...

Stunning socks! Really beautiful!

Beverly said...

Love your socks. Especially that they are opposites.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm still amazed at how fast those socks flew off your needles. Mom and I were a little apprehensive about the Tabby Cat. It's not as soft, but I think it will have it's uses!

Carrie#K said...

They look so peaceful sleeping....

Nice socks!

Walden said...

Love the socks! The puppies are adorable as usual. I love how Maggie has her legs crossed as she sleeps!

Christy J said...

Wow for the colors! Great design. Patterns on the leg are often covered by pantlegs. These socks are made for my Mary Jane shoes! Totally love them.