Monday, January 30, 2012

Cupido Scarf

I fell in love with this Cupido cowl by Hiroko Fukatsu, and I will probably make one some day, but this was a Christmas gift, and had to be a scarf.

Cupido scarf

I can not tell you how difficult it was to get the color to show up remotely right. The camera always saw some olive green, but it's not. It's really a soft grass green.

Cupido scarf

yarn: I used 3 skeins of The Fiber Company Road to China Light, color Peridot (not my favorite yarn, will not buy more of it; it's too hairy for my taste)
needles: 4.5mm
size: after blocking: 7.5inches x 66inches (cast on was 42stitches)
mods: since it was knit in the round for the cowl, I had to adjust the stitch pattern for knitting back and forth.


Cupido scarf

Denny really knows how to get comfortable! He dragged the blankets off the sofa, never mind, what the others do for comfort.
he knows how to get comfortable

16 comments:

Beverly said...

I like the scarf version. I queued this a while back but don't think I'll get to it any time soon.

Anonymous said...

Love the stitch in this piece! And Denny is just way too cute! My poochies drag blankies around too.

hakucho said...

Love the cowl --- lovely stitch pattern.

Sharon said...

I really like the scarf, and I love Peridot.

And thanks for the 'warning' about China Road yarn being hairy. I've had enough with the hairy yarns.

Lastly, that Denny ... he's the king of his world and that's all that matters.

Madam Butterfly said...

I like the texture of this scarf.

Susan said...

What a cool stitch pattern - I'll have to remember this one. Denny is such an arrogant but lovable goof.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That's a really pretty stitch pattern

AdrieneJ said...

Although I'm with you about the hairy yarns, the stitch definition is lovely! I'll have to find it and add it to my faves!

Andi said...

I love the color and the stitch pattern. It is good to know that the yarn is hairy. I have been looking at it, but I am not a fan of hairy. :)
Hi Denny!

Herta Haunschmid /quer durchs leben said...

Grüß dich Monika,
Dre schal ist sehr schön Farbe und Muster einfach schön.

Liebe Grüße aus dem kalten Freistadt
Herta

ikki said...

my favorityBoy!

2paw said...

Well regardless of the camera's opinion, it is very pretty!! Denny has a lovely doggy blanket and I think he looks very cute all cuddled up!!

Lorraine said...

Monika- I don't think I would say no to that scarf as a gift. It's very pretty.

Dogs are so funny!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What a gorgeous gift!!! I think you do an amazing job at capturing color in your photos - I find that very difficult to do. Denny seems to have really mellowed now that's he's about two - yay!

monica said...

I love the scarf! It looks so cozy. As does Denny. :)

JoAnn said...

Love the texture of this scarf! I added it to my Favorites in Ravelry already. Good choice in the color of the yarn.