Monday, November 05, 2012

Precious

Back in August my DD Hannah went to New York for a short trip, and brought me back a little souvenir.
I've been meaning to show you this precious little gift for a while now, but forgot until today.

gift from Hannah-picture with a pull out calender from 1937

She found this picture at a flea market, and snatched it up for me.
The wonderful thing is, this is an old calendar from 1937. There's a little ledge to pull out at the bottom of the picture.

gift from Hannah-picture with a pull out calender from 1937

There is still some paper left in it, on top is the month June. Isn't that cool? Gifts like that make me incredible happy!

♥ ♥ ♥

15 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

Score! The colours even match your craft room!

momsue84 said...

Lovely and so appropriate!

Anonymous said...

I was born in September, 1937. Your calendar is wonderful, and it's in better shape than I am Shirley

Grammy Braxton said...

That is really, really cool. What a wonderfully appropriate gift.

Hugs,
Sharon

Walden said...

That is so cool! They should make calendars like that again.

cauchy09 said...

oh, that's super lovely!

AdrieneJ said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful gift! I wonder what happened in June?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very cool!

Brigi said...

I love flea markets, great find!

Nova kids9 said...

That's really cool!

lexa said...

That's really cool! (Sorry - my kid was signed in, so it posted his name! lol)

Anonymous said...

I've seen a couple of these calendars around my area when looking in antique stores - what caught my eye was the location - Danville PA - that's only about 60 miles from where I live!

iceboxofpaknits

Michelle said...

Love the calendar! And Danville, in central Pennsylvania. I live about five miles from there in the next town over. I learned to knit in Danville too! Small world. :)

Julie said...

This is such a wonderful find! And such a thoughtful and charming gift - it's gorgeous!

2paw said...

Such a thoughtful, apt gift!!